Established in 2016, Technology Transfer Center (TTC) of Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is the central department of the University to promote university-industry collaboration and technology transfer of research outcomes.
TTC functions on the basis of advanced technologies from academic departments in the University. Driving by market needs, it focuses on intelligent properties and research outcomes to promote the development of industry-generic technologies; to establish a technology transfer platform with SUSTech characteristics; and to facilitate close connection between SUSTech technologies and the market.
- TTC is responsible for the development of industry-university-research collaboration related policies.
- To explore industrial sponsored research.
- To establish joint research institutes.
- To communicate and work with local governments to achieve better industry-university-research collaborations.
Intellectual property management
- To apply for, file, evaluate intellectual properties including patents, software copyrights, etc.And to handle any other IP related legal matters.
- To transfer intellectual property through technology transfer, licensing, joint-venture, and etc.
- To assist researchers in setting up technology start-ups; on behalf of the university, to negotiate with partners and investors/draft agreements on share distribution, form of capital contributions, etc.
To link overseas research outcomes
- To work closely with well-known overseas research institutes: to integrate overseas research outcomes and SUSTech’s research outcomes to form complete technical solution; to incubate overseas research team with research outcomes in Shenzhen.